Mostly fun stuff
Project maintained by theo-pnv
Hosted on GitHub Pages — Theme by mattgraham
Definition: Sequenced collection of variables all of the same type.
- Arrays are defined at the language level.
- Accessing an element is O(1). (
- Space is contiguous, restrictive in case of big needs.
- Insertion, deletion of elements is O(n).
Types of arrays
- Static: Capacity determined at compilation time.
- Dynamic: Capacity can change over time.
- Multi-dimensionnal VS Jagged (C#):
- Jagged (
int): Array of
int, each of which can be of different lengths and occupy their own block of memory.
- Multi-dimensionnal (
int[,]): Single block of memory (matrix)